Wednesday, July 11, 2012
[ELTeCS_PERU] New E-Teacher courses!
The U.S. State Department and RELO Andes is proud to announce a new slate of online courses – E-Teacher - designed to energize your classrooms.
The courses include:
1. Introduction to Online Learning
2. Introduction to Pedagogy and Practices for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
3. Listening and Speaking Skills, Real-Time Practice and Application
4. Assessment: Summative and Formative Practices in Language Learning and Teaching
5. Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web
6. Critical Thinking in Language Learning and Teaching
7. English for Specific Purposes, Aligning Context with Practices and Materials
8. Special Education and Differentiated Instruction in EFL Contexts
9. Teaching English to Young Learners
Most courses take 10 weeks to complete, and require:
5-10 hours per week of internet access
Basic computer skills
A commitment to complete course
A commitment to share ideas with others
Resident of Peru
If you are interested, please fill out the online form at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYC8XSD
Please keep in mind that there a limited number of scholarships per year and that they are awarded largely on the support a graduate of the course will provide to her/his institution and professional community.
Be aware that that only one application per computer can be sent since the system identifies the IP address.
Deadline for submitting applications: July 18, 2012
Regional English Language Office
Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela
US Embassy, Lima-Peru